Dear Friend of Our Lady of America,
On November 15, 1956, Our Lady of America asked Sister Mildred, the visionary, to draw a picture of her first appearance and requested that a statue be made according to this likeness and that it be placed, after being solemnly carried in procession, in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington DC.
Our Lady wishes to be honored there in a special way as “Our Lady of America, the Immaculate Virgin.” Our Lady promised that the placement of her statue in the National Shrine would be a safeguard for our country.
The statue was made as Our Lady requested and it was displayed at the 2006 United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in their Concelebrated Mass Room in Baltimore, Maryland. You may see the statue here.
There were high hopes that several bishops would process this statue into the National Shrine during their recent Bishops’ Conference. Sadly, this did not happen.
A promoter of the Devotion was present at the Conference and tried to persuade these bishops to process the statue, but they did not. Some were interested, but not enough to make it happen.
So what are we to do?
I believe that our bishops want to be convinced that the Devotion to Our Lady of America is a part of the popular piety of Americans. They want to see a great force of popular support for this Devotion and for Our Lady’s requests.
So, we need to work harder so that they will receive the grace to believe Our Lady’s requests and to act upon them.
This is what we need to do:
- Pray the Novena to Our Lady of America for True Change and Hope for America.
- Sign the Petition for the Solemn Procession and Placement of the Statue of Our Lady of America in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.
- Send your Bishop a personal letter and ask him to promote the Devotion in your diocese and with his brother bishops to respond to Our Lady’s requests. Click here to see a sample letter for your use.
- Practice the Devotion.
- Practice personal purity in your mind, your heart and your body, especially sexual purity.
- Practice the Blessed Virgin Mary’s personal spirituality of the Divine Indwelling.
- Wear her medal.
- Install her image in your own home for its safeguard.
- Host a Visitation of the Image of Our Lady of America.
- Please pray for us and support our Apostolate.
At a time when we are faced with the dangers of untold terror, violence and war, the use of nuclear weapons by rogue regimes, worldwide persecution of Christians, economic devastation and the plague of Ebola, Our Lady’s requests are most urgent and beg your attention!
The statue of the Queen of Our Country must be solemnly processed and displayed in our National Shrine to be a safeguard for our country. Please help her.
Sincerely in Christ,