The following titles are linked to publicity forms that you may download and print for your use. We hope that they will help ensure a fruitful program for your area. Keep in mind that people are much more likely to attend an event when they better know what it is and how it will benefit them. Please be sure to utilize social media as well and encourage your friends to share your posts. These reach a great number of people.
- Contact Catholic newspaper as soon as possible, so as not to miss a deadline for submission. Request article be printed and notice placed in calendar of events.
- Contact local radio, especially Catholic stations for free advertising.
- Clearly insert pertinent information.
- Hang posters in areas of high visibility 2 to 3 weeks prior to event.
- Obtain permission and post in surrounding churches and Catholic gift and bookstores.
- Please run a variety of bulletin announcements for three weeks.
- Request surrounding churches to include in their bulletins for 2 to 3 weeks. Fax or mail to them.
- Copy flyers and distribute at parish and diocesan meetings and functions and/or following Masses.
- Make flyers available for customers at Catholic gift and bookstores.
- Utilize flyer as a bulletin insert the weekend before event.
- Be sure your announcements are made from the pulpit, beginning 2 to 3 weeks before the event.
- See to it that announcements properly describe the program and are encouraging.
- Personally invite as many as possible and have others do the same.
- Contact each ministry leader and invite their ministry.