On December 8, we celebrate the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, our National Patroness. We celebrate the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary nine months before we celebrate her birthday on September 8. Many people confuse this feast with the Incarnation that is the conception of Jesus in Mary’s womb. The Immaculate Conception means that from the first moment of Mary’s conception, she was free from any stain of original sin.
Our Lady of America told the visionary, Sr. Mildred, “I am pleased, my children, with the love and honor my children in America give to me, especially through my glorious and unique privilege of the Immaculate Conception. … I am the Immaculate One, Patroness of your land. Be my faithful children as I have been your faithful Mother.”
St. John Paul II wrote, “The Immaculate Conception introduces the harmonious interlacing between the ‘yes’ of God and the ‘yes’ that Mary pronounced without reserve when the angel brought the heavenly announcement (see Luke 1:38). Her ‘yes’ in the name of humanity reopened the doors of Heaven to the world, thanks to the Incarnation of the Word of God in her womb by the work of the Holy Spirit (see Luke 1:35). In this way, the original project of creation was restored and strengthened in Christ; the Virgin Mother also shares in this project.” (Pope John Paul II, Message for the 12th World Day of the Sick, February 1, 2004.)
How can we say our “yes” and help Our Lady of America in this project? What are we to do? How can we support what she called a “movement of renewal on the face of the earth” and her request for the solemn procession and display of the statue of Our Lady of America in our National Shrine?
Now, at a time when we are faced with the dangers of untold terror, violence and war, riots and civil unrest, the use of nuclear weapons by rogue regimes and worldwide persecution of Christians, Our Lady’s requests are most urgent and beg your attention!
So, we need to work and pray harder that our bishops will believe Our Lady’s requests and act upon them. This is what we need to do:
- Pray the Novena to Our Lady of America for True Change and Hope for America.
- Sign the Petition for the Solemn Procession and Placement of the Statue of Our Lady of America in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.
- Practice the Devotion.
- Practice personal purity in your mind, your heart and your body, especially sexual purity.
- Practice the Blessed Virgin Mary’s personal spirituality of the Divine Indwelling.
- Wear her medal.
- Install her image in your own home for its safeguard.
- Host a Visitation of the Image of Our Lady of America.
- Please pray for us and support our Apostolate.